Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Farewell to Paris!

Farewell to Paris!
My companion for 15 years
Paris my mixed breed dog was given to me in
 in April 1987 as a gift from my nephew who
was leaving to join the Marines.
This little tannish white puppy was put in my
care and for the last 15 years we walked, ran,
he swam in every stream, pond, lake or pool of water
we walked by and when we finished our water walks,
Paris looked forward to being hosed down on the front lawn.
As he grew to know me and I to know him, whenever
you saw him, you saw me.  We knew when it was
time to wake up and walk in the morning and we knew
when time it was time to walk in the evening.
Paris knew when I was dressing for work, walking, or bed,
just by snipping the clothes I were wearing and he would adjust
himself according to what I was wearing….work clothes….short walk.
walking clothes….long walk and evening walks in between.
Paris would look into my eyes and I into his and I could the spirit of life,
loyalty and living.  Paris was a great companion to me.  We walked for 15 years.   
Paris and I walked 5 miles of more daily; during all seasons and all weather.  I hope I was a great companion to Paris as he was to me.
Thank you Paris for 15 years of life, love, living, and loyalty!

No comments:

Post a Comment